DEFINITION OF TERMS
"Apec", "we", "us" or "our" refers to Apec Limited.
"You" or "your" refers to any individual who visits and interacts with our websites, services or applications.
"Websites" or "sites" refers to any of our online sites or applications, such as www.apecbraking.co.uk.
"Services" refers to the provision of our business services, including our internal systems, public website, eCommerce application, and online help and contact tools.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information we collect
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you participate in any interactive features of our services, fill out a form, request customer support, provide any contact or identifying information or otherwise communicate with us. The type of information we collect will depend on the circumstances and the service you are using, but this may include name, email address, postal address, marketing preferences, details of your orders or any other contact or identifying information you choose to provide.
Information we collect automatically when you use the services
When you access or use our services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We log information about your use of our services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our services.
- Device Information: We collect information about the device you use to access our services, including the hardware model, operating system and version.
- Location Information: We may collect information about the location of your device each time you access or use one of our mobile applications or otherwise consent to the collection of this information.
Information collected by cookies and other tracking technologies
We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to your computer. Cookies are small data files stored on your device that help us to improve our services and your experience, see which areas and features of our services are popular, and count visits. See below for more details on the cookies we collect and how they are used. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as “tracking pixels”). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our services or emails to track count visits or understand usage and campaign effectiveness.
USE OF INFORMATION
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- provide and deliver the products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and receipts;
- send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- respond to your comments, questions and requests, and provide customer service;
- communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards and events offered by Apec and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- monitor and analyse trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- investigate and prevent unauthorised use of our Services, fraudulent transactions or other illegal activities;
- personalise and improve the Services and provide content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- process and deliver competition entries and rewards;
- link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected, of which you are made aware at the time of collecting.
Apec is based in the United Kingdom and the information we collect is governed by English and European law. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the UK and other countries both in and outside the EEA.
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR DATA
We rely on a number of legal bases when processing your personal data.
For customers who hold an account with Apec, the personal data provided in relation to your account and related purchases and transactions, is processed as necessary for the performance of our contract with you.
Additionally, personal data is processed on the basis of legitimate interest, as detailed below, and to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations. Legitimate interests in this respect include:
- selling and supplying our goods and services;
- handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes;
- understanding our customers’ behaviour, activities, preferences, and needs;
- promoting, marketing and advertising our products and services via our websites and applications;
- sending promotional communications which are relevant and tailored to individual customers; and
- fulfilling our obligations to our customers, colleagues, suppliers and stakeholders.
Where we rely on consent in order to process your personal data (for example, to contact non-account holders regarding their competition entries) we ensure that consent is collected appropriately.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
We will never pass your data to anyone else, with the exception of our trusted partners, unless we have your express consent or on your instruction, or where we have a legal obligation to do so. Trusted partners are organisations that process data on our behalf, both in the UK and EEA and abroad, to fulfil contracted partnerships that enable the provision of our Services, or as part of our commitment to improve our online services. Where we use third parties to process your personal data, we will ensure that they have sufficient measures in place to safeguard your personal data.
You may contact us using the details at the address at the bottom of the page to request a list of our trusted partners.
We may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individual customers are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes.
RETENTION OF INFORMATION
We may retain certain information about you as required by law or for legitimate business purposes, to allow us to fulfil our service obligations.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Websites or Services. However, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed. We frequently carry out manual and automated security checks to make sure our applications attain the highest level of security, and continually look to improve the technical and organisational security measures that are in place.
YOUR CHOICES AND YOUR RIGHTS
For customers who hold an account with Apec, you may review, update and delete contact information maintained in your account at any time by contacting Teccom Support. Any other account changes must be notified to us in writing, including removal of an account.
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email us at [email protected]
Please note that we may retain certain information about you as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
Cookies are small files that, with your permission, are added to your computer’s hard drive to analyse web traffic or advise you when you visit a certain website. Cookies mean that web applications treat you as an individual, tailoring operations to your requirements and the things you like and dislike. They do this by gathering information regarding your online preferences.
At Apec, cookies are used to help us understand which pages of our websites are being used. This information allows us to make improvements to the sites, to tailor them to the individual needs and preferences of our customers. You are able to remove the cookies from your computer at any time.
We use the following types of cookie on our sites:
- Analytics cookies that anonymously collect information about how visitors use our websites. They keep track of browsing patterns and help us understand how our customers use the website so we can make improvements.
- Service cookies that help us to make our website work as efficiently as possible, for example, remembering your login details; remembering your setting preferences; and remembering basket contents so you can buy products.
- We may use this information to provide product recommendations and content that might be of interest to you.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Apec at any time by following the instructions in those emails or by emailing our Customer Services team at [email protected]
If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account, technical, support or administrative messages, previous purchases or our ongoing business relations, in order that we can continue to fulfil our Service obligations.
Third Party Websites
Our websites may contain links to third party websites and content. These websites have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these organisations or their policies. It is recommended that you check the individual policies on any websites visited before you submit any personal data.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you raise a complaint and are unhappy with the response that you receive from us, you have a right to complain to the UK’s Supervisory Authority for data protection, the Information Commissioner at:
Information Commissioner's Office: